The German Delinquent

Sunday, June 11, 2006

OMG OMG OMG!!!

Totally forgot to blog for like a whole week la! There's been so much happening since my last post! Forgive me my dear readers (if I have any. LOL)


Where to start? Ah yes, about those darn photos and videos. I can't upload them!!! AAARRGGGHH. Ok, relax. Sorry my emo self took over for a while. I think I should be able to do it in a few days but I can't be sure. Yeah anyway the wear and tear of the camping trip has completely disappeared, just like this:


Cute right? Haha but I'm still tired actually.

You know why? Right after the day I got back I had to book a plane ticket to fly to Maastricht (in The Netherlands) so that I can see my sister. She's an exchange student there. So immediately after unpacking one bag, I'm repacking stuff in another bag. Sheesh. But the trip was super interesting. We managed 3 countries in 3 days! How cool is that? The Netherlands, Belgium and back to north Germany for a short while (Berlin's somewhere in the centre). And all this was done using the good old railway. So, a short summary:

Maastricht (Holland)/Aachen (Germany): Not much; Maastricht is where my sister lives, Aachen is where her boyfriend is -_-" So naturally I was in both cities. Oh and I tasted raw herring with onions in Maastricht. Kinda salty and squishy but nice. Like very fishy sushi. Haha. FISH-Y SUSH-I. It rhymes! Ok so I'm retarded. Heehee!

Cologne (Germany): The Cologne cathedral, final resting place of the remains of the Three Wise Men, known as the Magi by Christian pilgrims. Built before 1000 AD, so it's over a thousand years old!!! (debobanana and elise, there were very beautiful painted-mural crosses that I wanted to buy for both of you from the adjoining gift shop! but we were rushing and I totally forgot when my sister told me to hurry -_-' Forgive me! I'll try to get something as nice for you yea.) The cathedral treasury underground was also full of stunning Christian relics. Too bad I couldn't take any pictures. Then we went to the main shopping street, although we didn't actually buy anything. LOL. Too expensive la!

Antwerp (Belgium): We had to take a Belgian bus from Maastricht central station to a sleepy little village called Tongeren o_O Weird name, but it was barely a village. They had a supermarket, LAN points and the latest cars. But the train station there was still pretty old-style (and deserted too). We had to take a train from there to Antwerp itself, and the trip takes nearly 2 hours. Bleargh. That's 4 hours of traveling alone.

In Antwerp we only managed to visit the local diamond museum (in case you don't know, you poor people who mug nonstop =P Antwerp is the world centre for diamonds). It was a super interesting museum, and they also had some brilliant jewelery on display. Naturally I couldn't take pictures. Idiotas. Then we went to see the city centre. They had some kind of palace there which was supposed to be super famous/grand/breathtaking. I sat down for like two minutes staring at it. 'You don't want to take pictures?' 'Oh ya hor'; so then I took a few pictures and then we walked off. LOL. Totally lame place actually. And then we tried to find a chocolate shop that my sister had found the last time. The darn thing had closed though, replaced by a barber shop. Whee.

Amsterdam (Holland): The biggest and with the most places visited! Amsterdam is about 1-2 hours by train from Maastricht itself. We visited Anne Frank's House, the Rembrandt Museum, Van Gogh's House, the Dutch Resistance Museum and of course the red light district! Haha Amsterdam is Europe's capital for drugs and sex, and naturally that area must be visited. But there's really nothing so attractive (except of course all the semi-naked prostitutes standing in the windows and the erotic advertisements; guys will be guys). But mostly it's just people doing catcalls and and smoking marijuana (it's legal there). Weird smell, though I didn't get high, thank God. We also visited a 'weed' shop; they had everything from marijuana biscuits to marijuana gum.

As for the museums I can't seriously put them all here. It's all too much. When I can actually upload those eternally un-upload-able pictures I'll try to write something more.

Yeap that's all for my tour of Europe. Been there done that. Or whatever haha.

Oh and I visited a nude beach in Berlin today. Tell you about that more in my next post ;)

For all my dearest friends who are mugging (don't pretend to look the other way elise =P) here's a little something for those bad days when you need a booster to finish that last impossible chapter or equation:


LOL. Enjoy. Until the next post or when I get back, whichever is sooner.

Andreas

P.S: Due to my lousy knowledge of blog skins and tag boards, there are none of the aforementioned things on my blog. If you want to 'tag', just write a comment or something.

P.P.S: Hey Noddy I not buaya la! Girls rawk! Deb and Elise thanks for actually reading yea. Presents are (hopefully) on the way for all my dearest friends. Isn't that just sweet? *bonks self on head* My gory eye is fine now, and Paul's about 1.92 m tall (!!!). It's hot here now btw. Thanks for your selfless concern, dearests. Keep 'tagging'.

'Nuts!' - Reply by American Brigadier-General MacAuliffe to the official German request for his surrender after his unit, the 101st Airborne, were surrounded in France 1944

2 Comments:

  • rofl...

    1.92... HEY!! THAT'S PETER CROUCH'S HEIGHT!!! :D:D:D haha. how's the world cup there?

    and when are u coming back? haha...

    By Blogger Deborah Ann Hendricks, at 4:50 AM  

  • hey I'm glad to know you enjoyed the trip. Kinda felt bad for rushing you around, and also in Antwerp when we ended up spending so much time trying to look for the stupid choc shop.. lol.. Too bad the paris trip didn't happen.

    By Blogger superciliousme, at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home